Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Running with Cigarettes

I'm sitting at home, watching the snow fall heavy outside my window. Should be a fun drive to work this morning.


I think I'm the only person that I know who actually gets excited about the snow. Something about it just makes me feel like a kid again. I want to go outside and run around - make snow angles and forts and giant snowmen. Plus there's something about the way it covers everything up and makes it look clean and fresh and so pretty. I just love it.

I've been meaning to post my New Year's Resolutions - you know, keep myself accountable by writing them down in a public forum - but the truth is, I don't really want to make any this year. I guess I should change that to say that I made some, wrote them all down on a piece of lined yellow paper, and then I tore them all up. It has begun to feel like the same regurgitated crap year after year. And isn't it? Quit smoking, lose 10 pounds, run a marathon. Same crap, different year.

I want 2007 to be different. I've decided that I only have one resolution for this year. I want to make sure that everyone in my life knows how special they are to me. That's it. That's all. Nothing else. I want my friends to know how important they are to me and how each one of them makes my life better in some way. I want my family to know how much love and appreciation I have for everything they do and are.

Oh, and maybe quit smoking, too.

Now I'm off to shovel out my car and head in to the office.
Have a good day everyone. Happy (Snow) Tuesday to you.

No comments: