Monday, January 14, 2008

Like a one-man army

I just quit my job. Just got off the phone with my now Ex-Manager. Told him I would not be coming back. Ever.

I never have to go back to that place again. Holy fuck.

I guess that's a good prelude to my other big announcement (even though this one probably goes without saying): I got a new job! They finally called me around 3:30 on Friday, after making me sweat it all day long, and offered me the position AND the salary I wanted (I would have taken it either way, but this was just the icing on the cake). I seriously felt like I had gone out on a first date with someone that I really liked and I was waiting to see if he would call me - it was a little unnerving. I just felt such a connection to the company and the people and, even though I had several other options, this was really the job that I wanted above all the others.

Yay for 2008, so far.

4 comments:

Dana said...

sometimes, i hate you. only you could miss work for 2 weeks straight and have it work in YOUR FAVOR. i, however, am extremely sick and missing work and they will probably fire me and you will see me standing in line for the soup kitchen next time you go to the dia.

Dana said...

I want you.

steph said...

congrats!!!!!!

Dana said...

oh yeah, congrats! heehee. Now we wont have to see each other in the unemployment line again.
:)