Friday, January 06, 2006

Happiness is a warm gun ... er, warm cup of coffee

I didn't get to sleep until 5 am last night -- something I haven't done since I was in college. I'm feeling it today, but not as much as I thought I would. And the biggest surprise of all was waking up to my bedroom bathed in sunshine. It's been so long since we've seen the sun here in Michigan that I almost forgot how much it can really lift you up. It was just the boost I needed.

I've really been feeling burnt out lately -- stuck in a rut, of sorts. I wouldn't say that I've been upset or sad, just sort of blah. Periods of blah are definitley necessary from time to time, it allows the mind to coast and build up for periods of colorful intensity, but I'm ready for the blahs to end. I'm ready for the color, the intensity.

I've noticed that I haven't really been reading or writing much lately, or doing anything that really awakens me mentally and spiritually. One of my New Year's Resolutions is to rediscover that creative side of myself -- spend more time doing things that challenge me.

I'm looking forward to the weekend. I desperately need some me time to rejuvinate my spirits and re-awaken my soul.

No comments: