Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Leave the gun, bring the cannoli

Someone recently asked me what my favorite movie is. I answered immediately with The Godfather (Part I, of course). "That's really morbid, " he responded. Why? Because people die in it? I mean, just because a movie has people die in it doesn't necessarily make it morbid.

The original Godfather is one of the greatest movies of all times. Sure, people die in it - I mean it is a movie about the mafia, but it's really all about the mental transformation of Al Pacino's character, Michael Corleone. Watching his psychological turn around from the start of the movie to the finish is just amazing. It's so well written, directed and acted. You feel like you are literally watching his mind transform, piece by piece. It's amazing.

Seriously, if you haven't seen this movie you need to add it to your list.

No comments: