Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Looking on the bright side - or, rather, the side with booze

What is it about The Biggest Looser that is so addicting? I'm watching a Looser marathon on Bravo right now and I forgot how much I love this show. There's something about a boot camp mentality that I just really enjoy. That's the kind of workout I love - something that is really going to push my body to its limits. That's why I wanted to run a marathon in the first place. It's why I love spinning classes and kickboxing. I love a workout that is going to kick my ass.

This weekend was suppose to be a crazy intense kick-my-ass kind of a weekend, as I was suppose to be running 26.2 miles on Saturday. Instead, I'm going to make the best out of things and just enjoy an amazing weekend up in Traverse City. I raised almost $2500 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society, and part of that included a 2-night stay at the Grand Traverse Resort and Spa. So Bryce and I are going to go up, root my other team members on, and enjoy the weekend in Michigan wine country.

I'm not even bummed anymore about the marathon. I'm just so excited about this vacation . Just me and my wonderful boyfriend and some good wine. Does it get any better than that?

Plus, I'm going to run this freaking marathon in the fall I've decided. Yes, yes I will. I'm signed up to run the Detroit marathon in October. And I will make that marathon my bitch!

On a side note, I just saw a preview for a horror movie with Kevin Costner and Dane Cook. WTF?

No comments: