Monday, August 06, 2007

On bed protocol, excessive use of caps, and forced unemployement



See, he says that I'm exaggerating when I tell him that if I don't come to bed until late, he takes over the whole bed. And as you can see for yourselves, evidenced in this photograph I took with my cell phone, not only does he totally spread out, but he spreads out into MY side of the bed! See that side he has totally taken over? With all the pillows and stuff? Yeah. that's my side.

So now I am vindicated! Yes! I am posting proof to the WORLD that I was RIGHT, damnit. So, ha! ... or something.

And in less vindictive news, there's something I haven't really been able to talk about because it wasn't really official until Friday, I am unemployed. This week, in a whirlwind of suddenness and ferocity, my company closed its doors due to "deteriorating market conditions", laid off all its employees nationwide, and filed for bankruptcy. Or wait, how did they say it again? Oh yeah, they are "liquidating their assets". Whatever. All I know is, I am unemployed, uninsured, and about to undergo knee surgery. All I have to say is, thank god for COBRA.

In truth, I wasn't very happy there anyway. I've been trying to figure out what to do about my career for awhile now. Maybe this is the opening I need to move into something more stable and more enjoyable and that doesn't make me want to shoot myself everyday. Sometimes I feel like bad things happen to give your life a spot open for something even better to come along.

Or at least that's what I'm telling myself right now.

1 comment:

steph said...

ugh, that sucks, but even though it is cliche and cheesy, i do think things happen for a reason -- especially if you weren't happy there. i hope that you got some kind-of package for the lay-off...good luck, and maybe even enjoy a week or two of no job and no looking for jobs.