Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Snow trees



Last night, for the New Year, Bryce and I had some friends over, got drunk, played Guitar Hero, ate well, partied our asses off, and toasted in 2008 as well as we possibly could. At midnight, I looked over at my husband and I couldn't help thinking back to last New Year's Eve. First, Bryce showing up to my house in a suit with a dozen red roses, then our first kiss ever.

So much in my life has changed since last December the 31st. What a journey the past year has been. It's had its ups and downs, but I can honestly say that I wouldn't rather be anywhere else this year, looking at anyone other than him - my best friend and the face of my entire future.

This morning we woke to the total silence that only that lack of remaining party guests and an over-night snow dump can give. The whole world was covered in white, almost too perfect to be real. If only the whole year could stay this wonderful and new.

Happy 2008, everyone.

3 comments:

soapy t said...

welcome back. have you been banging all this time?

Carolynne said...

You know it, girl.

soapy t said...

i love it. you are doing great. keep up the good work.