Thursday, February 16, 2006

Everybody's doing it ...

FOUR JOBS I HAVE HAD:
1. buser/ hostess - at this little Italian restaurant in my home-town. I loved it because I could sneak back into the kitchen and eat as much food as I could talk the chief's into preparing for me. Plus the waitresses taught me how to smoke pot - and I found out that, contrary to popular belief, you CAN get high the first time.
2. flower pusher - I ran the Sam's Club floral department, which actually only consisted of a small cart filled with buckets of pre-packaged flowers. I got very good at looking cute in my green apron, reading on the clock, and wandering around the store trying to look busy - oh, and making out with my boyfriend, who worked in the produce department, in the walk-in cooler.
3. nanny - In college I watched this little girl, Clare, three days a week. I got paid under the table and I could watch tv all I wanted. Best job ever. I worked for them for 3 years.
4. mortgage banker - my current gig. I've been doing this for over 3 years now, since I graduated from college, and I love it.

FOUR MOVIES I CAN WATCH OVER AND OVER:
1. Office Space - this movie is my life in so many ways
2. Groundhog's Day - it doesn't matter what part of the movie you come in at, you can just jump right in
3. 50 First Dates - don't ask me why, but this movie gets me everytime. I just love it.
4. Pulp Fiction - so many good lines

FOUR PLACES I HAVE LIVED:
1. Mt. Clemens, MI - born and raised
2. East Lansing, MI - during my most formative and life-shaping college years at Michigan State University
3. Sterling Heights, MI - with my Grandma for 6 months after I graduated, when I realized there was no way I could live with my parents ever again
4. Royal Oak, MI - finally bought my own house about 3 1/2 years ago, worth every penny

FOUR TV SHOWS I LOVE:
1. Gray's Anatomy - I dare you not to love this show!
2. The Daily Show - Oh, Jon Stewart, you with your sarcastic wit, how I adore you
3. Soprano's - counting down the days until the next season starts
4. Chappelle's Show - Dave, why have you forsaken us?

FOUR PLACES I HAVE VACATIONED:
1. Alaska - with my Grandmother, no less. If you have three hours, maybe I can show you all the pictures we took.
2. Michigan's Upper Peninsula - two weeks, crammed into a little Ford Tempo with my then-boyfriend, driving all over the place, camping the whole way.
3. Out West - every summer when I was growing up, my parents and I (and our dog and cat) would climb into the car and head out west . You name it, we saw it - The Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, The Rocky Mountains, etc. That's still how I love to travel. No destination, just pick a direction and go.
4. New York City - I got to stand at the top of the World Trade Center!

FOUR OF MY MOST FAVORITE THINGS TO EAT:
1. spaghetti with meat sauce
2. warm chocolate chip cookies
3. filet mignon, medium-rare
4. my Dad's hungarian goulash

FOUR SITES I VISIT DAILY:
1. Dooce
2. NY Times
3. Finslippy
4. Live Journal

No comments: