Monday, September 18, 2006

Rainy day blues

Today is one of those days where I wish I were still a nanny, like in college. It's one of those chilly, rainy days where I can think of nothing better than going on a field trip to an art museum or a science museum. Maybe somewhere with a big planetarium where you can sit and watch the constellations move. Or maybe someplace with an interactive display of a village from the 1800s, with actual cobblestone streets that you can stroll down.

Afterward we could go to grab lunch at the museum cafe, sitting in the covered courtyard to consume our deli sandwiches and individual bags of potato chips. Then we'd head to the gift shop to look around. Maybe buy one of the books or stuffed dinosaurs or silly postcards to take home.

3 comments:

Abbey said...

On rainy days I always want to lay in bed with a good good and cup of tea. Speaking of books, what do you think of the Time Travelers Wife? I started it, and put it down. I own it, so I could start reading it again, is it worth it? Also, did you like "Prep"? Kendra and I enjoy reading, and love reccomendations.
See you this weekend!!!

Abbey said...

Oops...I meant to say good book.

Carolynne said...

A good book and a warm drink are also very good on a rainy day. =)

I am really liking The Time Traveler's Wife. I'm about 1/3 of the way through right now and it really pulls me in. It's a surprising page-turner. I definitely recommend it, especially if you already own it.

As for Prep, I didn't like it as much as some people did - my best friend Sarah loved it. I found that I didn't really like the main character all that much a lot of the time and I kept getting annoyed with her - but when I think back to how I was at that age I know I was just that bratty and annoying at times, too. It really takes you back to high-school, and all the drama/insecurity that went along with it.