Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Oh, everything.

So I dropped the ball on the NaBloPoMo. I realize this. Actually, I realized it after I woke up last Friday and noticed that I hadn't hit "publish" on the drunken post I had tried to make the night before. Nice. After that I got sick and didn't really go near my computer, or do much of anything at all, the rest of the weekend.

I have to say my posts were getting a little starved for material anyway. I mean, come-on. My life is only so interesting. But I've decided to press on. I'll try to finish out the rest of the month. To the best of my ability, anyway.

So I'm sick. And yet I can't sleep. This is the bane of my existence. Especially since all day at work I kept putting my head on my desk because I had to "rest my eyes". Yes, I have turned into my Grandfather. I mean, who's eyes really need to be rested anyway? If it's anything, it's my brain that needs the rest. Or my nose, from blowing it so much. But I digress.

So this weekend, The Boy (as I've so named the hot 20 year-old I've been on a few dates with) turns 21. I'm not sure how much further I want things to go with him - he's sweet but I'm not ready to be anyone's girlfriend right now, and I think that's what he's looking for. But I do know one thing: everyone should have a 21st birthday to remember. Plus I have a lot of friends who are dying to relive their 21st birthdays. So I've decided that since a lot of his friends aren't able to for one reason or another, I'm going to show him a kick-ass birthday.

You all should pray for his immortal soul. We may be old, but we know how to party. We may very well kill this boy. But at least he will have had a 21st birthday that he can tell everyone about for years to come -- just like the rest of us.

And now I'm going to try desperately to get some sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol - that's the spirit. :) he doesn't know how lucky he is to know you.

Carolynne said...

I know, I think so too! Everyone needs a 21st birthday to remember, right? :)