Monday, September 24, 2007

Happy Fish Thanksgiving to you.

I just finished my lunch - a delicious tuna-fish sandwich, complete with grapes and goldfish crackers. Yum.

This lunch is brought to you by the Jewish holiday Yum Kippur.

Or should I say, my leftovers from Yum Kippur. ... Anyway, basically the holiday goes like this: you fast for 24 hours, then at sundown you eat a huge feast involving things such as bagels, and lox, and cream cheese, and tuna-salad, and smoked sable, and koogle, and 7-layer cake. Being a gentile myself, I'm sure I'm skipping over the actual importance of the day, so please forgive me. I really only celebrate the "feast" part of the festivities anyway.

So in honor of Yum Kippur (otherwise known as "The Day of Atonement" or, as I like to call it, "The Fish Thanksgiving!") this weekend I made Bryce a huge Jewish feast. Man, was it good.

So good that I'm still eating it today. Try not to be too jealous.

2 comments:

soapy t said...

and a belated shana tovah to you and yours.

TTQ said...

Shit Soapy beat me here, mazel tov?
And pass the tuna fish and rye bread.